After a long but pleasant drive we arrived on Krk last week.
The weather was nice but not so hot, excellent to get some repair and maintenance done. There was hardly any water in the bilge so the tarp did its work but I knew about at least 1 leak on deck and I found another as well. Unfortunately the new one was above the bookshelf and ruined my “Adriatic Pilot”.
Both of these I re-bedded, and I am sure I have some more work to do in that department. I then installed the solar panel and the Votronic MPP regulator, pretty straightforward and works immediately. No more worries about empty batteries. On the Monsun forum (www.forum.monsun.nl) I found a good tip on replacing the cabin lights with LED’s and that’s what I did as well. More energy saving. I put together the new radar reflector and I changed the old wet exhaust for a new Vetus LNP model. This was not so easy as I had to laminate some wood on the inside hull which is holding it in place. By re-working some of the water pipes we now also have a pressurised cockpit shower.
I replaced the 220 V battery charger with a new Sterling 20 watt charger, re-greased the seacocks, sanding & varnishing where needed, a big spring cleaning inside and outside, filled all the diesel containers, new sheets for the genua and set up the anchor arrangements (we have now 3 anchors on board)
Ready to go into the water!